April 29 and 30 2023
Set in the beautiful Dundurn community pasture (65 mins South of Saskatoon), Stunning sand dunes, forests and fields following 2-track trails marked with colored ribbons. Ride one day or both. With distances as short as 5 miles and mentors for each distance, it’s a great ride for beginners. With 25 and 50 mile rides, it’s great for experienced endurance riders. This is the only time the public gets access to these trails, so come have fun at Twisted Trails. Paddocks are available for rent. Sandy trails, so your horse can go barefoot. Horse water provided, but no potable water is available.
Register for Sat, Sun, or both: whatever suits your schedule. 25 and 50 mile rides are AERC and SLR sanctioned. Shorter rides have no time limit. Negative Coggins test in the previous 12 months required.
Trails are sandy 2-track through woods, across a plateau and between sand dunes. Terrain is mostly level, should be an easy trail. To give you an idea of how long it takes to cover the distances, the 6 mile ride will take about 1.5-2 hours at a walk, or 1 hour at a trot. No matter the distance, the trails are beautiful and you’ll have a great time!
Note that for 2023, this ride doesn’t require SHF or a negative Coggins test.
Register Here: https://forms.gle/3RYUZLQrZoVBgKgS9
Fri Apr 28:
- 4:30-8:15 Vetting in and registration
- 8:30 PM Ride Meeting for Saturdays rides
Sat Apr 29:
- 8 AM 52 mile ride (Pink, Orange, Blue, and Red Trails)
- 9 AM 26 mile ride (Pink, Orange and White Trails)
- 9:30 AM 14.5 mile ride (Red Trail)
- 10 AM 8 mile ride (White Trail)
- 11:30 AM 6 mile ride (Green Trail)
- 1:30 PM 19 mile ride (Blue Trail)
- 2 PM 13 mile ride (Orange Trail)
- 2:30 PM 5 mile ride (Pink Trail)
- 6:30 PM Pot Luck Supper
- 8:30 PM Ride Meeting for Sunday’s rides
Sun Apr 30
- 7 AM 52 mile ride (Pink, Orange, Blue and Red Trails)
- 8 AM 26 mile ride (Blue and Green Trails)
- 9 AM 13 mile ride (Orange Trail)
- 10 AM 14.5 mile ride (Red Trail)
- 11:30 AM 5 mile ride (Pink Trail)
- 12 PM 8 mile ride (White Trail)
- 5-6 Mile ride $20 ($10 for 16 and under)
- 8 mile ride $25 ($10 for 16 and under)
- 13-14.5 mile ride $40 ($20 for 16 and under)
- 19 mile ride $45 ($20 for 16 and under)
- 26 mile Limited Distance $65 ($30 for 16 and under)
- 52 mile Endurance Race $90 ($45 for 16 and under)
- Sask Long Riders membership: $10/day or $20/year (family membership $40/year) Yearly memberships available here: https://sasklongriders.ca/slr-membership/
- AERC membership required for 26 and 52 mile rides (day membership $7/day)
- Paddock rental: $10/horse/night (second and more horses in same paddock $5/day, max 4 horses per paddock)
Directions to ride camp:
From Saskatoon: Take Highway 11 South. 8 km after Dundurn, turn right onto Indie Road. Follow Indie road for 6.8 km, then continue straight onto the sand road through the community pasture. Drive 8 km until you reach the paddocks. Once you are past the paddocks, you may park on the right side of the road. Please set back from the road a bit, as it is also part of the trail.
From Regina: Take Highway 11 North. 12.5 km after Hanley, immediately after you climb the hill, turn left onto Indie Road. Follow Indie road for 6.8 km, then continue straight onto the sand road through the community pasture. Drive 8 km until you reach the paddocks. Once you are past the paddocks, you may park on the right side of the road. Please set back from the road a bit, as it is also part of the trail.